Activate the software license
To make full use of the Tagger a valid license is needed. Depending on the type of license, different steps are necessary.
- Unlimited License File:
Simply copy the license file to the XBRLCache folder and start the application.
- Serial Number:
Open the "License" dialog (Info → License) and paste the provided serial number into the respective text box. Click “Activate” and confirm the following dialog. The field “Activation” should now state “Activated”.
When you start AMANA XBRL Tagger, the Configuration Wizard is displayed. It checks the validity of the license (helps to activate it when used for the very first time), helps to load a document, current taxonomy version and check the document settings.
You can either perform the steps offered by the Configuration Wizard, or close it ()and load the document and taxonomy manually (as described below).
Open a document
Click on File → Open... in the menu and select the file. After confirming your selection, the following "Default Settings" dialog will appear:
Default Settings dialog
This dialog configures the default settings for each tagged value as well as the whole report.
- Reporting Entity Ticket Symbol/Name: short company name, which will be part of the reporting entity URL. Please write the name without spaces or special characters in lower case letters. This name will be used as file name, when extensions are created.
- Reporting Entity Identifier: the ID of the reporting entity regarding the Context Identifier Schema. You can look up LEI by clicking on the "Lookup LEI" button.
- Reporting Entity URL: is generated automatically (includes the value from "Reporting Entity Ticket Symbol/Name" added above). Please write the URL without spaces or special characters in lower case letters
- Reporting Period Start/End Date: start and end date of the reporting period.
- Taxonomy Extension: whether taxonomy extensions should be created or not.
- Report Language: the language of the report (changes number format and date format representation).
- Report Default Monetary Currency (ISO): select currency for the report.
- Report Default Monetary Number Scale: sets the default scale for all numbers unless stated otherwise in the respective table or individual value. There are four options available: none, thousand, million and billion.
- Sample Number Format Representation: changes automatically, depending on the report language selected above.
- Sample Date Format Representation: changes automatically, depending on the report language selected above.
Advanced Settings dialog
This dialog configures the advanced settings for the report. Some of the are fields are pre-populated, depending on the settings in the "Default Settings" dialog.
- Context Identifier: the ID of the reporting entity regarding the Context Identifier Schema.
- Context Identifier Schema: specified by the supervising authority, e.g. if LEI codes are to be used.
- Period Start/Instant/End Date: the default period for all tagged values. If the tagged element is defined as instant rather than duration, the end date will be used (the same as in the "Default Settings" tab; changed automatically).
- Default Monetary Decimals: defines the accuracy of the tagged element if it is a monetary value. A value of -3 states that the tagged value is accurate three places before (-) the decimal separator (thousands); changes automatically, when monetary number scale is selected in the "Default Settings" tab.
- Default Percentage Decimals: defines the accuracy of the tagged element if it is a percentage value. A value of 4 states that the tagged value is accurate three places after the decimal separator (e.g. 0.2355).
- Apply maximum allowed monetary decimals: if the supervising authority is the EIOPA, this checkbox automatically sets the maximum allowed decimals per value.
- Default Monetary Unit: sets the default monetary unit for all monetary values unless stated otherwise in the respective table or individual value (changes automatically, depending on the monetary currency selected in the "Default Settings" tab).
Inline XBRL Settings
- Report Language: defines the language of the Report (e.g. DE, EN). Changes automatically, depending on the report language selected in the "Default Settings" tab.
- Default Scale: sets the default scale for all numbers unless stated otherwise in the respective table or individual value. The scale indicates the number of digits to be added to a value to represent its real number. For example: If values are stated in millions 450 with a scale of 6 would represent 450 000 000. Changes automatically, when monetary number scale is selected in the "Default Settings" tab.
- Default Date Format: if the tagged value represents a date, the format specifies the exact format of that date.
- Default Monetary Format: if the tagged value represents a monetary value, the format specifies the exact format of that value.
Taxonomy Extension Settings
- Create Taxonomy Extension: if the checkbox is activated, taxonomy extensions will be created (changes automatically, when one of the Taxonomy Extension options is selected in the Default Settings tab).
- Namespace Prefix: company name, which will be part of the reporting entity URL. Changes automatically, depending on the Reporting Entity Ticket Symbol/Name in the "Default Settings" tab.
Target Namespace: the same as Reporting Entity URL in the "Default Settings" tab.
Package Settings dialog
This dialog configures the package settings for the current report. The dialogue fields are pre-populated, depending on the selected document settings.
- Taxonomy package name: displays the taxonomy package name (generated automatically); it includes the reporting entity name and reporting period end date selected in the "Default Settings".
- Taxonomy package description: a brief description of the taxonomy package.
Taxonomy package version: reporting period end date selected in the "Default Settings".
Publisher: displays the reporting entity name provided in the "Default Settings" tab.
Publisher URL: displays the reporting entity URL provided in the "Default Settings" tab.
Publisher Country: country, depending on the selected report language.
Publication Date: taxonomy creation date or the report publication date.
After the document has been loaded the available chapters and tables can be selected from the respective dropdowns. Furthermore, a chapter tree is available in the “Textblock Tagging” tab.
Report Settings can also be opened and changed after the file is loaded. To do so, click on Document → Settings orbutton.
Now that the document is loaded, and the default settings are set, a taxonomy for tagging the values needs to be selected and loaded (if not done in the Configuration Wizard yet).
Taxonomies are defined by entry points in the format of URIs. The entry point references a collection of schema files which determine the available elements to be used for tagging.
To open a taxonomy click on XBRL → Open/Load Taxonomy. XBRL Tagger offers to load the current ESEF taxonomy version. Click "yes" if you need to report ESEF, but if you want to load any other taxonomy, choose "No".
If you click "No", another dialog opens: insert the entry point URI of the desired taxonomy into the first text field. Then click open and the taxonomy will be loaded.
Change Taxonomy Language
To change the taxonomy language, go to "Settings"→ "Change Taxonomy Language" and select one of the available languages: