- First steps
- Generate ESEF Report and Roll Forward
- SmartNotes ESEF XBRL FAQ
- Testing ESEF taxonomy in SmartNotes (Versions up to 2.8)
- All listed companies should report in XHTML format for fiscal years ending in 2020.
- All IFRS consolidated financial statements must be reported using the IFRS taxonomy in the Inline XBRL (iXBRL) format, i.e. in a "structured" format. Across Europe, approximately 5000 groups are affected.
- For the first two years, it will be sufficient to tag only the "main financial statements", i.e. balance sheet, profit and loss statement, etc. - the appendix must only be included with a "text block" tag.
- There is a draft for so-called "entity specific disclosures": these must also be reported using a taxonomy extension.
- The taxonomy extension is only allowed if the taxonomy does not contain a corresponding technically suitable item. Anchoring" is used to specify the existing positions with which the extension is semantically related.
Scope of services ESEF module
XBRL Taxonomy Display
SmartNotes can load and display any valid XBRL taxonomy. Due to the generic implementation, new taxonomies can be loaded directly without changing the software. The taxonomy is displayed in presentation, calculation, and definition linkbases in all languages of the label linkbase available in taxonomies.
Tagging with XBRL taxonomy positions
Taxonomy positions can be assigned to the programmed values in SmartNotes by drag & drop ("mapping" or "tagging"). SmartNotes supports the user with a consistency check. Multi-column tables can be tagged with XBRL dimensions of the taxonomy. Information required for XBRL tags, such as the reporting period or currency, is determined automatically whenever possible. Using different colors, the mapping can be assigned to a status and thus marked for other users to check. The mapping is saved directly in SmartNotes and is retained even in the case of a roll-forward.
The SmartNote ESEF module offers the possibility of taxonomy extensions. To do this, a corresponding line must be marked as an extension. This also includes the so-called anchoring.
The Auto-Tagger is a function that automatically performs the mapping at the push of a button. Two methods are offered for this purpose: A fuzzy name comparison automatically assigns positions to the taxonomy if the name (almost) matches. Furthermore, an artificial intelligence (AI)-based auto-tagger allows mapping based on existing XBRL messages. The data source is publicly available XBRL messages based on the IFRS taxonomy. For this purpose, the report-specific label of the taxonomy position is used with the AI as "learning basis".
XHTML Conversion and iXBRL Instance Generation
The SmartNotes ESEF module converts SmarNotes documents into valid XHTML files that are the basis for Inline XBRL (iXBRL). The design and structure of the SmartNotes document is adopted.
During instance generation, a full XBRL validation is performed, which includes the following specifications: XBRL Specification 2.1, XBRL Dimensions 1.0, XBRL Formula 1.0, Extensible Enumerations 1.0 and 2.0, Inline XBRL 1.1 including XHTML. In addition, a so-called Filing Rule Validation is carried out for selected reporting requirements.
Detailed descriptions of the XBRL Tagger can be found here: https://docs.amana.de/display/XBRLD/AMANA+XBRL+Tagger