Data layer / database server
- Requirements for up to 30 users:
- MSSQL database [2012 or newer]
- Database server and application server should be installed on separate machines
- 2 GHz CPU, 4 cores minimum - 3 GHZ CPU with 8 Cores recommended
- min 8 GB RAM - 32 GB RAM recommended - available for the application
- about 100 MB hard disk space per installation
- DB Case Insensitive [SQL_Latin1_CI_AS]
- required database rights:
- “Read / write” permissions for the SmartNotes database
- “Execute” permission for the SmartNotes database “/Programmability/Stored Procedures” in the SmartNotes database
- “Write” permission for the subdirectory “/logs” in the SmartNotes server installation
- Memory requirements of the database depend on the number of reports implemented in SmartNotes. In particular, the implementation of extensive PowerPoint presentations can influence memory requirements. In case of typical usage behaviour [implementation of annual report + quarterly reports in SmartNotes], a DB growth of < 3 GB per year can be assumed. The recommended initial database size is 10 GB.
- A regular backup of the SmartNotes database is strongly recommended.
- For up to 100 users it is recommended to upgrade to 12 cores and 64 GB RAM.
Business layer / application server
Requirements for up to 30 users:
- Windows [server] operating system with .NET Framework 4.5.1 ( as of version 2.7 .NET Framework 4.7.2)
- 64-bit system
- GHz CPU, min 4 cores
- min 8 GB RAM available memory
- about 100 MB hard disk space for installation
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Shared Management Objects x64 [SharedManagementObjects.msi] – Server side [independent of the MSSQL Server version, the SMO and CLR objects should be of version 2008 [10.0.0.0]
- important for interaction with SQL Server
- download link: https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=26728
- select following msi files in download menu:
- The SmartNotes server is implemented as a Windows service.
- A routine system restart is not necessary.
- A backup of the server is not necessary since user data are permanently stored only in the database.
- Communication with the client takes place via encrypted TCP/IP [RSA/RIJNDAEL].
- Communication with the client does not require SSL certificate.
- Multiple connections built between the client and server include request and response. The server does not build up a connection to the client, only the client to the server.
- For up to 100 users it is recommended to upgrade to 8 cores and 16 GB RAM.
Application layer / client
Requirements [for every client installation]:
- Windows operation system with .NET Framework 4.5.1 ( as of version 2.7 .NET Framework 4.7.2)
- Not supported: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Packages in accordance with the computer architecture.
- MS Office from Version 2013, with German Language Pack
- Min 2 GB RAM available memory
- GHz CPU
- Min screen resolution: 1280x720, font size: normal [100%]
- Memory requirements Client:
- 100 Megabyte per installation
- SmartNotes is not a web application and cannot be operated in a browser.